The Global Filipino Investors, TGFI, Inc.respects, values, and is committed to safekeep your personal information pursuant to the provisions of the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (RA 10173). Your privacy is important to us and we want to assure you that all your personal information are held by The Global Filipino Investors with utmost confidentiality, while allowing the company to provide you with the best customer service.
Collection of your personal information
All the personal information you have provided for TGFI to identify or contact you such as name, home address, email address, telephone number, age, status, gender, and any other information are necessary details needed for TGFI to be able to reach out to you. TGFI collects your information to fulfill its legal or regulatory obligations and for other business purposes.
To improve our products and services, it is important that we collect, use, process and analyze your personal information when it is reasonable and necessary. In particular, we are using your information to:
- Manage your account, provide customer care activities, monitor the quality and security of the network, train our staff, and provide services timely and efficiently and ensure your fair and lawful use of the products and services provided by TGFI.
- Send commercial and promotional advertisements, loyalty and rewards offers, surveys, customer care and aftersales communications, and other broadcast push messages;
- Share your personal data with third-party content providers or other third-party services for which you sign up;
- Conduct analysis for research and marketing initiatives, including the generation of anonymized or non-personally identifiable location and mobility data to show footfall, location patterns, crowd density, and other information that may be relevant for marketing purposes;
Your Personal Data may be obtained in many ways including through market research activities, Web Portal, or Platform, through an accredited Third-Party platform or channel, affiliates, Merchant partners, and third-party service providers.
Information that you personally give us
Most of the personal information we have are those that you have given us yourself. You provide us personal information when you
- Apply for subscription/registration to our services by via website, filling out Online Application Form.
- Get in touch with us to ask about something, file a complaint or request for service;
- Take part in our research and surveys; and/or
- When you apply for job with us.
Information we collect during our relationship with you
We also collect information as you use our products & services, like when you:
- Use our networks – whether it is mobile, Wi-Fi, or other channels;
- Pay your bill or purchase add-on products and services;
- Use our apps, websites and self-service channels; and
- Join our promos, prize raffles or reward & loyalty programs
Information we collect from other sources
We also collect information from commercially or publicly available sources like published directories and public documents. We may also obtain your personal information from third parties and from other sources which you have given consent for the disclosure of such information relating to you and where otherwise lawfully permitted.
Use of your personal information
TGFI’s primary purpose in collecting information is to provide you with the best customer experience. Your information will be used only for know-your-client purposes of our accredited partner merchants, marketing purposes, legal compliance, and other internal operations as needed.
Sharing of your personal information
TGFI will not share or release your personal information to any other third party unless agreed by required by law or a valid legal process. Our accredited partners and merchants may not use your personal information for any purposes other than what is agreed between TGFI and the partner. TGFI takes reasonable steps to ensure that your information are bound by confidentiality in relation to the protection of your personal information.
TGFI may share information with third parties who are involved to the transactions made through your account, including partner merchants, their service providers and other users you are sending or receiving funds through e-wallet. Shared information may include:
- Personal data necessary to push through with the transaction;
- Information that are vital to help other participant(s) resolve disputes, prevent fraud or other problems that may arise; and
- Performance and/or activity analytics to help the merchants better understand the users and to enhance their users’ experience.
TGFI may also share your personal data with your consent or direction.
How we protect your information
- We keep and protect your information using a secured server behind a firewall, encryption and security controls;
- We restrict access to your information only to qualified and authorized personnel who hold your information with strict confidentiality;
- We undergo regular audit and rigorous testing of our infrastructure’s security protocols to ensure your data is always protected; and
- We let you update your information securely to keep our records accurate
- We keep your information only for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which the information was obtained or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or for legitimate business purposes, or as provided by law, rules and regulations;
- We promptly notify you and the National Privacy Commission, when sensitive personal information that may, under the circumstances, be used to enable identity fraud are reasonably believed to have been acquired by an unauthorized person;